Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Prevention Measures
First, we want to extend our most heartfelt and best wishes for the health and safety of our community members, clients and their families. With much of our community navigating an uncharted course through the short-and long-term impact of the Coronavirus issue, we thought it was important publish our plan to continue supporting you.
Like you, we have been monitoring the evolving news regarding COVID-19, and we wanted to assure you that our team is taking additional precautions before, during, and after each of our sales, installation and service visits. Further, we are regularly reviewing our company-wide health and safety protocols to follow the latest recommendations from professional health organizations.
Green Sun Energy Services, LLC has taken measures to protect our clients, employees, and subcontractors from exposure to, and infection with, the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. To this end, we are following CDC and OSHA guidelines by:
- Encouraging sick workers to stay at home.
- Minimizing contact among workers, clients, and customers by replacing face-to-face meetings with virtual communications and implementing telework if feasible.
- Providing resources and a work environment that promotes personal hygiene. For example, provide tissues, no-touch trash cans, hand soap, alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol, disinfectants, and disposable towels for workers to clean their work surfaces.
- Promoting frequent and thorough hand washing, including by providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Developing emergency communications plans, including a forum for answering workers’ concerns and internet-based communications, if feasible.
- Discouraging workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Providing protective clothing and equipment such as gloves and masks.
- Training workers who need to use protecting clothing and equipment how to put it on, use/wear it, and take it off correctly, including in the context of their current and potential duties.
- Providing workers with up-to-date education and training on COVID-19 risk factors and protective behaviors (e.g., cough etiquette and care of PPE).
To reduce the risk of exposure during our client's evaluation process, we are conducting all of solar, roofing and generator consultations remotely utilizing our remote assessment and measurement tools.
If onsite measurements are required, the following precautions will be taken:
- Clients will be asked to keep family members and pets 6-feet away from our consultants
- Consultants will wear latex gloves and N95 masks (if/when available) when in your house
- Consultants will only visit specific locations in the home. These typically include the main electrical service panel, the gas meter and the attic.
- Exterior assessments will be conducted as required.
Solar & Generator Installations
We will continue to educate our employees for the signs and symptoms of the coronavirus and the precautions that need to be taken to minimize the risk of contracting the virus.
- If there’s any possibility a worker believes they are sick, they have been asked to stay home.
- Our teams will maintain the recommended safe social distancing of 6 feet or more from other people.
- Workers are required to communicate with clients when needing access indoors.
- Workers should limit the number of rooms they are working in. (i.e. Required work areas only)
- Workers will utilize Personal Protection Equipment, including Gloves & N95 Masks (if/when available) when working indoors and near the clients.
- Workers will not use client bathrooms or touch any unnecessary surfaces.
- Workers will disinfect all indoor objects and surfaces that are touched, before and after working.
Roofing installations do not require our workers to enter your home, but we will still require our team to follow the precautions listed above.
Service & Repair Work
Most service and repair work can be completed outside. Appointments will be set by phone and email. If our workers need to come inside, they will follow the precautions listed above. After work has been completed, service tickets will be uploaded to our Client portal for your records.